Monday, June 9, 2014

Day 17

The Brookdale Preserve

This trail is beautiful, so much lovely scenery. 


The trail was very quiet and calm. A great place to clear your mind.


Although this trail was very scenic, I am going to make some suggestions for any future travelers to this location, only 7 minutes from the RIT campus!

1. Bring a friend. It is easy to get lost, and will be less frightening with a buddy. The grasses are overgrown, taller than I am at 5'7" in some areas!
2. Bug Spray. I can't stress this one enough. I felt like I was being eaten alive.
3. Boots. Wear water resistant boots. Because of the tall grasses, the trail is hidden at some points, so I accidentally wandered into a marsh and soaked my shoes. Not very much fun for the rest of the trip!
4. Long pants and shirt. The trail is overgrown in many locations, so some flowered plants with thorns have grown into the walking area! (There are also some hidden stumps among the tall grasses, watch out!)
5. Enjoy!

My initial trip here was very unpleasant, mostly due to the mosquitoes, but I would definitely venture back for another more prepared go at it! 



No comments:

Post a Comment